Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chronicle


SHAZAMM! That’s the sound I’d make if I was a superhero… or maybe a pimp in the early 1970s. Today I’m going to be looking at Chronicle, a story of 3 guys getting some super powers and recording every minute of their adventure.

These aren't the droids you're looking for

I’ve always felt movies with simple plots needs to have that little bit extra to keep you enticed. Chronicle is shot via amateur steadicam (Blair Witch Project, Cloverfield, Paranormal Activities) and instantly you feel this movie has a different feel to it. It’s a simple story, but I’ve always liked the story beneath the story. In this one you see the bond and relationship between the 3 of them mostly because they share one common similarity, which is getting some kick-ass powers from a strange rock. I know that might pretty basic but keep in mind that the story of what they do with their powers is probably a lot more interesting then how they got their powers.

Food is always better shared

“Things get heavy but I like it!”

Wow Wow. What can I say about this film? Absolutely surpassed all my expectations! I’m not sure what exactly impressed me so much about this film, but dare to be different might be one of it. Sure you can make a movie about people with powers and just follow the same old yellow brick road down to boredom, or you can take chance and see how things come out. I was always going to be curious about how this movie would end and it sure did not disappoint.

Ratings – 3.5/5 (M!D! Fav)

Chronicle is a smart, fun action adventure film which hits the spot for me. Only opened recently and is getting rave reviews everywhere. From your popcorn fan to your intellect fan, everyone should be able to enjoy this one. SHAZAMMM!

No comments: